Local Mission Ministry
Saint Mark Presbyterian Church (Saint Mark) seeks to be an open and inclusive community of Christian faith pursuing the love of God and neighbor, while honoring the gifts of all people. Our desire is to be a community where spiritual growth and service come together in creative balance. Saint Mark has six core values and the Local Mission Ministry (LMM) activities are based on these values:
- Commitment: We offer ourselves, our time, our gifts and our resources to the service of God.
- Community: We are a caring family of faith, honoring the gifts of all people and celebrating our life together.
- Compassion: We care for all God’s children, responding to those in pain and nurturing one another in love.
- Hospitality: We welcome everyone to share with us in the community of Christ.
- Mission: We listen and respond to the needs of the world, reaching out to serve others in our community and throughout the world.
- Spiritual Growth: We grow closer to God through the disciplines of prayer, study, service and worship.
Saint Mark strives to meet the needs of the community in which we worship, serve, and live. To support organizations in our community that are working to make this a better place to live for all citizens, Saint Mark allocates funds through its Grant Program to non-profit agencies that address local community needs in efficient and innovate ways. Saint Mark members also support the community through hands-on activities including working with Rebuilding Together, participating in Habitat for Humanity build days, conducting school supply and food drives, preparing and serving shelter meals, and providing holiday gifts.